“Annual Sales Leadership Luncheon”
Guest Speaker Co-Author
Stephen Bistriz, Ed. D.
On the 6th of November 2009, Realta, Inc. hosted our “Annual Sales Leadership Luncheon”. Held at Maggiano's Perimeter, the luncheon was a terrific success and the food was exceptional. Attendance included representation from the top sales leadership in multiple sectors of the healthcare industry. The speaker of the luncheon, Stephen J. Bistritz, Ed. D. has more than 40 years of high-tech sales, sales management and training management experience. He is a published author and lecturer in the field of sales, sales management and selling to executives. Steve spent more than 27 years with IBM in sales and training-related positions. He then worked for a sales training company where he led the development of sales training programs which were delivered to tens of thousands of salespeople worldwide. Steve holds a doctorate in human resource development from Vanderbilt University, which he received in 1995, and is president and founder of SellXL, a global sales training and consulting firm, based in Atlanta.
“Selling to the C-Suite: What every executive wants you to know about successfully selling to the top receiving top reviews from the sales community. In this highly useful book, Selling to the C-Suite, professional salespeople are taught how to create, maintain and leverage relationships with client executives. Useful, practical advice for sales professionals that sell (or should be selling) at the executive level and it describes what executives revealed about their roles in the decision-making process for major purchases. It is partially based on practical research conducted on CXO-level executives from major companies in the United States over the past ten years.
Attendees of the workshop benefited from an overview of innovative research conducted with CXO-level executives that describe:
· When and why senior executives get involved in the decision-making process for major purchases
· The most effective ways for salespeople to access senior executives in the client organization
· How salespeople establish trust and credibility with client executives
· What salespeople have to demonstrate in business meetings with executives to be perceived as business consultants and trusted advisors
In this jam-packed interactive workshop, Steve shared the specific actions that sales people should take to be able to:
· How professional salespeople earn return access to senior executives
· Select the relevant executive to call on for specific sales opportunities
· Develop the best approach for the initial call on that executive
· Determine how to become perceived as a trusted advisor to the executive, thereby securing return access
· Describe and communicate value to the executive on an on-going basis, using the client’s metrics